Have you ever really thought about what happens when a customer has a serious warranty issue? It’s your opportunity to SHINE, or perhaps fail miserably. Surely you have experienced the event, perhaps due to a problem with the product you purchased, or perhaps it was due to your mis-use. When the vendor goes out of their way to make sure that you are well taken care of, it’s something that you remember. Chances are, you will be a customer for life.
How do you achieve this worthy goal?
- Make Promises.Tell your customers what you are going to do, before you do it! Everyone wants to know what is going on. Keep your customer completely up to date.
- Make your schedule.It does not really matter what it takes, deliver what you promised. If you must be conservative in what you promise, so be it. Deliver on your promises. If you do fail, admit it quickly and find a way to do better.
- Follow up with your customer.What if you deliver and your customer never gets the goods? When you follow up, perhaps your customer will deliver a little praise? Perhaps you can turn that into a testimonial?
- Use tracking numbers.Send an email with your shipper’s tracking numbers. It provides some 3rd party verification that you are doing what you say you will.
- When you have had a problem, and a new product is available, why not make a personal call to let the customer know how that product might help them?
Can you use these ideas? Of course you can. Of course the only thing keeping you from success is yourself. Make a change in your attitude and customers will flock to your business.
Eugene Jones is a principal in www.connect4business.com which provides Lotus Domino Manufacturing Solutions. Eugene is also a principal in www.ImmiGreatNow.com.com which provides web solutions for family Immigration. Eugene is also a principal in www.nauvou.com a cloud customer support solution.